FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
Tips on Finding the Best Cold and Flu Medication
When you have a cold or the flu, you want to feel better as quickly as you can. Even though there is no cure for the common cold and seasonal flu, there are some medications and supplements you can take to reduce the symptoms. Heading into cold and flu season with the right over-the-counter medication stocked in your medicine cabinet will give you relief faster.
Here are tips on finding the best cold and flu medication to help combat any unexpected illnesses this winter.
Identify Your Symptoms
You should look for medications to help relieve your specific symptoms. Many cold and flu medicines might treat a battery of symptoms, and while these can be convenient, they can give you side effects like drowsiness.
Choosing the Right Medications
If you want to target certain symptoms, but avoid side effects, you’ll be better off finding separate medicines. Be sure to read the active ingredients, the intended use, and the side effects listed on the label:
- Cough suppressants will ease coughing.
- Nasal decongestants will clear a stuffed-up nose.
- Expectorants thin mucus to cough up easier.
- Antihistamines help with sneezing and runny noses.
- Pain relievers like ibuprofen and Tylenol will reduce fevers, headaches, and body aches.
Taking precautions from getting the fu or contracting a cold is the first line of defense. Even though it might be unavoidable, especially if you have children, there are some ways to protect yourself and others during cold and flu season:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you’re sick. You’ll prevent spreading it to someone else and resting will help you recover faster.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use the inside of your elbow and not your hand.
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Be sure to clean surfaces at home or in your car if someone in your household is ill.
Researching tips on finding the best cold and flu medication and taking precautions to contracting a cold or flu are great steps to ensure you’re protected this winter. However, ordering OTC medication online from Quick Supplies Online will help you handle any symptoms if you do come down with the flu or a cold.