Use Code WELCOME10
Steps To Check Blood Sugar
Checking your blood glucose levels is an important part of ensuring that your blood sugar levels are within your necessary target range. After all, it is important for blood sugar levels to stay within a healthy range. When blood sugar levels are too low, this can affect the ability to think and function normally. On the other hand, when blood sugar levels are too high, this can cause damage or complications to the body. So, you must not only test your glucose levels but record them as well. This way, when you go to your GP, you can provide your body’s accurate response in regard to your diabetes care plan.
With all of this in mind, here are the steps to check blood sugar:
- After washing your hands and donning exam gloves, cleanse the area with rubbing alcohol.
- Next, you’ll want to insert a test strip into your meter.
- Use your lancing device on the side of your fingertip to get a drop of blood. With some devices, you can use other areas of your body, like the forearm, thigh, or fleshy part of your hand.
- Hold the edge of the test strip to the drop of blood and wait for the result.
- Your blood glucose level will appear on the meter’s display.
Once you have your results, write them down and note any factors that may have contributed to your results. Food, activity, and stress are all things that can affect your glucose levels. Take the time to note whether or not your results have been too high or too low multiple days in a row. This is something to keep in mind; if these results persist, you may need to discuss how to adjust your care plan with your doctor.
Quick Supplies Online carries the supplies you will need to ensure that your blood glucose levels are where they need to be and that you are taking care of yourself and properly managing your diabetes.